If your Ryobi trimmer uses a bump feed trimmer head, you know how frustrating it can be when the head becomes jammed. In this article, we’ll show you how to quickly and easily install a new Ryobi bump feed trimmer head.
Checkout this video:
In order to keep your Ryobi trimmer working at its best, you’ll need to replace the trimmer head from time to time. A bump feed trimmer head is easy to install, and will ensure that your trimmer always has a fresh supply of line.
What You’ll Need
Installing a Ryobi bump feed trimmer head is a relatively easy task that anyone can do with just a few tools. Here is what you’ll need to get the job done:
-A Phillips head screwdriver
-An adjustable wrench
-A Ryobi bump feed trimmer head
1. First, use the Phillips head screwdriver to loosen the retaining bolt on the bottom of the trimmer head.
2. Next, remove the spool of line from the trimmer head and unspool any remaining line from it.
3. Then, take the new Ryobi bump feed trimmer head and thread the line through it according to the instructions that come with it.
4. After the new trimmer head is installed, reattach it to the bottom of the trimmer and tightening the retaining bolt with your adjustable wrench.
5. Finally, pull on the trigger of your trimmer to test out the new bump feed head and make sure that it is working properly.
1.Remove the trimmer head from the trimmer. To do this, locate the knob on the trimmer head. This knob is used to loosen and tighten the trimmer head. Unscrew the knob until the trimmer head comes off.
2.Locate the spindle on the Ryobi bump feed trimmer head. The spindle is a metal rod that protrudes from the center of the trimmer head. The string is wound around this spindle.
3.Thread the end of the string through one of the holes in the Ryobi bump feed trimmer head, and then pull it tight.
4.Wrap the string around the spindle a few times, and then thread the end of the string through one of the remaining holes in the trimmer head.
5.Pull on both ends of the string until it is tight, and then trim off any excess string with a pair of scissors.
6.Screw the Ryobi bump feed trimmer head back onto the trimmer, and then turn on the power to test it out
Thank you for taking the time to read this article. We hope that it has been helpful in teaching you how to install a Ryobi bump feed trimmer head. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us.