This blog post will show you how to remove the trimmer head from your Troy Bilt trimmer. You will need a few tools to complete this task.
Checkout this video:
Although Troy Bilt manufactures a number of different trimmer models, most of their trimmer heads are very similar in design and can be removed using the same basic steps. This guide will show you how to remove the Troy Bilt trimmer head from your Troy Bilt trimmer so that you can replace it with a new one.
1. Disconnect the spark plug wire from the spark plug to prevent the engine from accidentally starting while you are working on it.
2. Locate the knob at the base of the trimmer head. This knob is used to loosen and tighten the trimmer head onto the shaft of the trimmer.
3. Turn the knob counterclockwise to loosen it, then remove it completely.
4. Pull the trimmer head off of the shaft of the trimmer. If it is stuck, tap it gently with a mallet until it comes loose.
5. Clean any debris or dirt from the shaft of the trimmer, then insert the new trimmer head onto the shaft. Be sure that it is pushed on all the way so that it is secure.
6. Replace the knob and turn it clockwise to tighten it down.
7 Reconnect the spark plug wire and you are finished!
What You’ll Need
-Troy Bilt trimmer
If you need to replace the trimmer line or the entire trimmer head on your Troy Bilt weed trimmer, you’ll first need to remove the head from the trimmer. You can do this without tools, and it only takes a few minutes. Once the head is off, you can complete any maintenance or repairs and then reattach it to the trimmer.
1. Unplug the trimmer from the power source and lay it on a flat surface.
2. Locate the bump knob at the bottom of the trimmer head. This is a large, black knob that you twist counterclockwise to feed new trimming line through the head.
3. Grasp the bump knob with one hand and hold it in place. With your other hand, grab the bottom of the trimmer head and pull straight up. The head should come off easily. If it’s stuck, try twisting it slightly as you pull up.
4. Inspect the inside of the trimmer head for any debris or build-up and clean it out if necessary. If you’re replacing the entire head, discard it now. If you’re just replacing the trimming line, proceed to Step 5.
5. wind new trimming line around the spool inside the trimmer head, following the manufacturer’s instructions for winding pattern and amount of line needed. Replace
If your Troy Bilt trimmer head is not working properly, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the problem. First, check to make sure that the trimmer head is properly attached to the trimmer. If it is not, follow the instructions in the owner’s manual to correctly attach it.
If the trimmer head is properly attached and there is still a problem, you may need to clean or replace the trimmer line. To clean the trimmer line, remove it from the trimmer head and use a wire brush or other sharp object to remove any built-up debris. If the trimmer line is damaged, you will need to replace it with new line.
Once you have determined that the problem lies with the trimmer head, there are a few things you can do to fix it. First, try tapping the trimmer head on a hard surface to dislodge any dirt or debris that may be causing a problem. If this does not work, you may need to disassemble the trimmer head and clean it thoroughly. Refer to your owner’s manual for instructions on how to do this.
If you have tried all of these troubleshooting tips and your Troy Bilt trimmer head still will not work properly, you may need to replace it with a new one.
You have now successfully removed the trimmer head from your Troy-Bilt weed trimmer. take the old trimmer head to your local Troy-Bilt dealer and purchase a new one. Be sure to get the same model so it will fit on your current trimmer.